The Ten-Minute Mask by Beth Darrah
Hello everyone, I'm Beth Darrah and I'm here because I need your help. It's time to rally the troops and help our world overcome this COVID-19 global pandemic. You can be a hero, do your part, and help save lives from behind your sewing machine. And it will only take 10 minutes at a time. So let's do this together. We've got this!
The 10-Minute Mask is a fitted mask and filter pocket with a few different purposes.
- To be worn over a frontline healthcare worker's N95 respirator mask to prolong the life of their personal protective equipment.
- To be worn by other hospital employees who are not directly encountering infectious patients.
- To be worn by symptomatic patients to contain their coughs or sneezes.
- To be worn by visitors to hospitals (i.e. a father who is present for the birth of his child, etc).
- And as a last resort, to be worn in place of an N95 mask by frontline healthcare professionals treating COVID-19 patients (in accordance with the CDC guidelines found here).
- ¼ yard of tightly woven cotton (quilting cotton works great) or a fat quarter.
- Nose wire. Here are a few options:
- Knit fabric strip 30” wide and ½” long (an old t-shirt works great).
- Sewing machine and notions
Seam allowance is 3/8" and is already included in the pattern.
- For toddlers, print pattern at 60% custom scale above.
- For kids ~5 to 9 years old, print the pattern at 80% custom scale above.
- For kids ~10 to 12 years old, print the pattern at 90% custom scale above.
- If wearing over an N95 mask, nose wire may not be necessary (check with your donation requester).
- If wearing alone, the nose wire will help create a tighter seal.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.